Radon kills 1 person every 25 seconds. Radon is responsible for 21,000 lung cancer deaths in the U.S. per year.
How Radon Affects Your Health
As Radon decays, it emits alpha particles that can cause lung cancer. Radon sticks to dust and aerosols in the air. Those particles radiate into lungs and damage tissues. Alpha particles are 100 times more likely to cause cancer than other types of radiation. Call Reliable Radon today at 410-627-2055 for a free estimate.
- Radon is only in homes with basements.
FALSE. Any style home can have radon.
- Radon is only in certain parts of the country.
FALSE. Radon can be found all over the US, in all 50 states.
- My neighbor tested his house, and he had low levels of radon, so i’m safe too.
FALSE. Every house is different, since the ground under each house is different.
- Fixing a radon problem will be too expensive!
FALSE. Radon Mitigation Systems are one of the less expensive repairs that you might have to do to your home.
- No one really knows if radon causes lung cancer.
FALSE. Scientists around the world acknowledge that radon is a dangerous carcinogen.
- Radon levels in a home change so much that test results are useless.
FALSE. Testing according to EPA and state guidelines are 94% accurate.
- Opening a window will lower radon levels in the home.
FALSE. Opening a window can actually let more radon into the home.
- All radon mitigation contractors are exactly the same, so I should get the cheapest I can find.
FALSE. Professional Radon Technicians must be highly trained and most states require a radon license.